Portugal is a EU member country in south western Europe. Portugal is also a member of EU schengen zone. The currency in Portugal is Euro. Portugal enjoys a warm Mediterranean climate in Europe. Portugal is major exporter of olives, excellent wines (porto wine). Portugal’s financial system is sound, well managed, competitive and stable in sectors like real estate, construction, automotive, fishing and tourism. Major portugese cities are Lisbon (capital), Porto, Faro, coimbra,.
Portugal Golden Visa
€350,000 (outside Lisbon) or €500,000 in Lisbon
Real estate, Business capital Investment. See below..
1. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
2.. The creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
3. The purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above €500,000 Euros;
4. The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros;
5. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €350,000 Euros for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technology system;
6. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €250,000 Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage, through the local and central authorities, public institutions, public corporate sector, public foundations, private foundations of public interest, networked local authorities, local corporate sector organizations, local associations and public cultural associations, pursuing activities of artistic output, and reconstruction or maintenance of the national heritage;
7. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €500,000 Euros, for purchasing shares in investment funds or in venture capital geared to capitalize small and medium companies that, in turn, must present a feasible capitalization plan.
Long term temporary residence permit (schengen) with renewals in every 1 or 2 years. The visa allows:
• Residence visa waiver for entering Portugal;
• Living and working in Portugal, on condition that they stay in Portugal for a period of 7 or more days, in the first year, and 14 or more days, in the subsequent years;
• Visa exemption for traveling within the Schengen Area;
• Family reunification;
• Applying for permanent residence (pursuant to the Aliens Act – Act number 23/2007 of 4 July with the current wording );
• Applying for Portuguese citizenship, by naturalization, provided all other requirements set out by the Nationality Act are fulfilled (Act number 37/81 of 3 October, with the current wording)
5 to 8 weeks
After 5 years, this residence permit is converted into PR.
Minimum Stay Requirements:
7 to 14 days per year
Portugese citizenship and passport:
After 6 years wait. Knowledge of portugese language is necessary.
Family & Children
Included same application.
With Portugal passport it is possible to travel to these countries without additional visa.
Portugal Company types
- Private limited liability company – “Sociedade por Quotas” or “LDA” (no minimum capital)
- Public limited liability company – “Sociedade Anónima” or “S.A” (minimum capital €50,000)
Taxes does not apply as long as you dont live for more than 6 months.
Portugal VAT is 18%.
EU VAT is charged when invoicing to Business-2-Consumer and Business-2-Business transactions within European Union VAT system. EU VAT is exempted when a EU registered firm quotes a valid VAT number in their invoice. EU VAT does not apply for transactions outside EU.
For example, if VAT is 10%, Product X (from Germany) costs €100, the net amount charged to Mr.Y (France) is €110.
You cannot Apply
- If you have visa denial to schengen countries, UK.
- If you have past criminal record.
- If you are a threat to safety and security of the country.
- If you fail due diligence test
Allowed Double nationalities. Please check with your home country to see if double citizenship allowed.